Press Release: NMotion Launches To Help Move Startups Forward, Faster
Lincoln – Today marks the official launch of NMotion, a new startup accelerator program in Nebraska. Working with community partners including NUtech Ventures, University Technology Development Corporation, and the University of Nebraska, NMotion will offer a program for startups to receive mentoring, networking, and educational assistance, as well as initial seed funding during an intensive 12-week program starting in June. NMotion’s mission is to strengthen startups in Nebraska by working with companies at the idea stage to help them move forward, faster.
NMotion will bring together capital, connections, and most importantly community to help foster high-growth software and technology-based startups in targeted industries of financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation/logistics, communications, and agriculture. NMotion will offer $15,000 in seed funding, coworking space, a shared resource pool of talent during the program, mentors and opportunities to pitch to investors. In return, NMotion will take a six percent equity stake in each company. A maximum of 10 teams will be chosen to participate in the program that will take place June through August in Lincoln, Nebr. The program will culminate in a Tunnel Walk Demo Day for investors and alumni.
The University Technology Development Corporation has provided initial funding for NMotion to support entrepreneurship and economic development in Nebraska. Brian Ardinger, managing director of NMotion and Entrepreneur in Residence at NUtech Ventures, said, “This is an important new piece in the startup ecosystem to help entrepreneurs, students, alumni, and community leaders come together to create and build new companies from the ground up. We’re excited to get started as we look to invest in entrepreneurs who are passionate, receptive to mentorship, and can execute on their ideas. We’re looking for companies with potential for scale, profitability, and significant measurable impact and we’re putting together a program that will tap into Nebraska’s core values of no-nonsense and hard work to the creation of startups.”
Accepted companies into NMotion will receive a variety of resources, including:
- Seed Funding – Each team will receive $15,000 investment and access to over $100,000 in free or reduced cost services, startups accepted will get an early boost to allow them to focus on building prototypes, validating the market, and getting traction with customers and investors.
- Immediate Immersion – the 12-week summer session will offer a variety of events and activities designed to connect teams with mentors, education, and the startup community locally and nationally.
- Collaborative Work Space – In addition to a cohort of fellow founders, NMotion will provide teams with coworking space at the new FUSE Coworking facilities in the Haymarket in Lincoln, surrounded by creative, talented folks in the heart of the Nebraska’s startup scene.
- Pool of Talent – As part of the program, NMotion will bring on a team of talented intern associates (designers, developers, business) to serve to augment or enhance the teams during the program.
- Exposure – Companies will have potential opportunities for media and investor exposure through the Tunnel Walk Demo Day and other startup community events.
NMotion will open applications for its inaugural class of startups in mid-February. The final application deadline is April 15, 2013.
NMotion is a mentor-driven, education-focused, startup accelerator based in Lincoln, Nebraska. We focus on high-growth software and technology-based businesses in targeted industries of financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation/logistics, communications, and agriculture. We provide an intense 12-week program designed to get your startup moving forward – faster and more effectively. We offer seed funding, hands-on education and access to a group of highly engaged mentors. We combine this with a cohort of fellow startups to create a collaborative community that’s focused and accountable. Further information can be found at http://nmotion.co