What is NMotion?
NMotion is a mentor-driven, education-focused, startup accelerator based in Lincoln, Nebraska. We focus on high-growth software and technology-based businesses in targeted industries of agriculture, education, finance/insurance, healthcare, human resources, and sports technologies.
We provide an intense 13-week program designed to get your startup moving forward – faster and more effectively. We offer access to seed funding, hands-on education and a group of highly engaged mentors. We combine this with a cohort of fellow startups to create a collaborative community that’s focused and accountable. Oh, and we also give you a shared pool of talented associates to complement your skill sets and access to free or reduced services from a variety of partners and sponsors.
NMotion is also a part of the Global Accelerator Network – The Global Accelerator Network consists of over 50 of the top startup accelerators from around the world including TechStars, StartupBootcamp and H-Farm Ventures. All accelerators in the network utilize a mentorship-driven, short-term model with terms that are extremely favorable to entrepreneurs. The network started alongside the Startup America initiative and continues to provide networking opportunities, training, special perks, and ongoing support for its members and their entrepreneurs.
About The Program
NMotion brings together capital, connections, and most importantly community to help your startup grow and thrive. We accept no more than 10 teams per year. Our accelerator program is 14 weeks of intense collaboration designed to help entrepreneurs move their business significantly beyond where it is today. We facilitate $15,000 in seed funding, educational curriculum and hands-on mentorship from our team. Companies also benefit from a variety of free or highly discounted services including hosting, legal, banking and more.
- 13-week program
- One program per year starting in the summer with ongoing community activities before and after each program. No more than 10 teams are accepted each year.
- $15k per team provided from associated angel investors and Invest Nebraska in exchange for 6% equity stake in the company.
- Access to over $700,000 in additional reduced cost perks from companies including Microsoft, Rackspace, Paypal, Mailchimp, and Amazon to name a few
- Access to mentors from a variety of backgrounds and experiences who have the real-world knowledge to advise you on your product, marketing, and funding strategies
- Access to free or reduced-fee services (legal, hr, hosting, banking, etc.)
- Access to a shared pool of talent (developers/designers/business) during the program
- Focused and pragmatic curriculum with an emphasis on topics relevant to each startup. Each team is also required to participate in the Lean Launchpad or Startup Weekend NEXT workshop prior to the start of the program or demonstrate similar certification.
- Organized mentor program with weekly workshops and regular meetings
- Free access to all events, classes, workshop and education
- Interaction and immersion in the Silicon Prairie startup community throughout the program
We currently offer one program per year starting April 27, 2015, with rolling curriculum and ongoing community activities before and after each session. Accepted teams are required to either attend or have completed certification in the Lean LaunchPad Curriculum or Startup Weekend NEXT. The program will culminate with a Tunnel Walk Demo Days on July 28, 2015.
Applications are due March 9, 2015. Apply here.
NMotion couples low startup costs, quality talent, and an accessible network of resources with Nebraska’s core values of no-nonsense and hard work to the creation of startups. Teams are expected to roll-up their sleeves, contribute, collaborate, and build. Teams are expected to learn with and contribute to the startup community.
How Much Funding Do Companies Receive?
Each team will receive $15,000 in seed funding from NMotion’s associated investor pool (Nebraska Angels and Invest Nebraska) to cover some of the initial startup, marketing, and prototype costs while living in Lincoln. You also will receive free co-working space, research, legal support and marketing services to promote your startup company. Additionally, you will have access to a network of key experts, advisors, mentors, presenters and funders. A program like NMotion will increase the value of your company significantly and in an accelerated time period. In return NMotion’s associated investors will receive a 6% equity stake in each company. When we work with startups, we help them for life, not just for the summer.
How We Do It?
With an eclectic mix of of entrepreneurs, investors, mentors, educators and executives, NMotion creates an evolving and growing mix of resources to tap into. We are committed to developing a community of like minded professionals and fostering innovation through organized mentorship, quality events and vital education. Our sessions and events are held in both Lincoln and Omaha and serve to build a direct connection to the community resources you need to shape and grow your startup.
Are There Other Perks?
In addition to seed funding and a variety of Nebraska-based services, NMotion teams receive deals, discounts and upgrades from some of the top companies in the world including Microsoft, SoftLayer, Amazon Web Services, Rackspace and many more totaling over $700k in perks, services, and discounts. For instance each of our founders can access perks like:
- $60,000 in Microsoft Azure Credits
- $12,000 in SoftLayer Hosting Services
- $10,000 in PayPal Transaction Credits
- $6,000 in Rackspace Hosting Credits
- $5,000 in Public Relations Support from the Metzger PR Firm
- $3,000 in Human Resources Support from Premier Employer Services
- $1,000 in Amazon Web Services Credits
Who Should Apply?
NMotion is a competitive and selective program that funds and supports strong startup teams that have potential for scale, profitability, and significant measurable impact. We invest in entrepreneurs who are passionate founders, who work hard and are receptive to mentorship more than just ideas.
We focus on high-growth software and technology-based businesses in targeted industries of agriculture, human resources, healthcare, education, finance/insurance, marketing and sports technologies. Typical applicants include web-based, software, and mobile startups although we will consider non-tech businesses so long as they are focused on impact and scale. We don’t typically work with capital intensive businesses, biotechnology companies, consultancies, service oriented businesses, or non-profits.
We accept applications from companies at various stages: some will simply have a new idea while others will have a company that is already generating revenue and are looking to grow. To apply, please visit http://www.nmotion.co
When Is The Application Deadline and Program Timeline?
The second cohort of NMotion will begin in Summer 2015. We encourage you to apply early so we have more time to get to know you and follow your progress. A total of six to ten startups will be selected for the program (interviewed in person or via Skype in February/March). The deadline to apply is March 9, at 11:59 pm CST.
Other relevant dates are:
- Notification of selected teams: March 201 5
- Program begins: April 27, 2015
- Tunnel Walk Demo Day: July 28, 2015
Selected startups should plan to arrive at least three days before the program begins and are encouraged to stay in Nebraska for several weeks after Tunnel Walk Demo Day to follow up with investors and continue office hours.
Do I Have to Be in Nebraska for the Entire Program?
Yes, while we’ll accept applications from all over the world, we expect a full-time commitment from the teams and ask all companies to spend April-July with us at our offices in Nebraska.
Where Do I Apply?
Who Do I Contact With Other Questions?